[Openmcl-devel] New 0.14 binaries

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Dec 20 10:13:34 PST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> You're probably right that resolving the:
>
>  > Error: value #<A Dead Mac Pointer> is not of the expected type MACPTR.
>  > While executing: CCL::%ASSOCIATE-JMP-BUF-WITH-CATCH-FRAME
>  > Type :POP to abort.
> Type :? for other options.
>
> issue is probably the first order of business.

There's a new scheme for keeping track of which macptrs denote
known ObjC classes; the table that keeps track of them has to be
cleared and rebuilt every time a saved image that contains that
table is relaunched.

I checked in changes to "objc-runtime.lisp" and to
"process-objc-modules.lisp" that seem to fix this, and an unrelated
change to "cocoa-application.lisp" that prevents warnings about
(minor) memory leaks when the saved image tries to guess where
the "CCL" directory is during its initialization.

If people could verfity that the COCOA-APPLICATION demo at least
hasn't gotten any worse, I can try to package these changes in
a new source archive.