[Openmcl-devel] Possible problem with host-namestring

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Dec 22 12:12:54 PST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Gary King wrote:

> When I define:
>
> (setf (LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS "LIFT")
>        '(("source;**;*.*.*" "Users:gwking:CVS:CVS Ctf:lift:dev:**:")
>          ("**;*.*.*" "Users:gwking:CVS:CVS Ctf:lift:dev:**:")))

Note that the strings on the RHS of these translations appear to be
HFS-style physical pathnames.  I'm kind of amazed that you get an
answer at all; somewhere down the line, something should either
complain that "Users:" is an undefined logical host, or that it
can't make sense out of a pathname string with that many colons
in it.

> and then ask for (host-pathname "lift:foo;bar.bat"), I get a different
> answer from OpenMCL than I do from either MCL or SBCL. The later two
> give "lift" whereas OpenMCL gives "lift:". This is in 0.13.6.

Perhaps you mean that PATHNAME-HOST returns a different answer ?