[Openmcl-devel] Possible problem with host-namestring

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Dec 22 13:14:30 PST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Gary King wrote:

> Yes, I meant pathname-host and not host-pathname (oh dear!). I also
> pasted in the wrong bit of code (it was from MCL, not OpenMCL). In any
> case, I was trying to recreate the problem and have failed so I need to
> Something is going wrong with a home grown load system wherein the
> translation is ending up as:
>
> #4P"lift:\\:source;bin-ppc-mcl4;lift.dfsl.newest"
>
> and I'm having a hard time figuring out where the \\ is coming from.

That's easy: the first backslash is quoting the second (as is always
the case when a string contains a literal backslash), and the second
backslash is quoting a colon (forcing it to be interpreted as a
constituent and not as a host delimeter.)

Where that extra colon's coming from is a harder question to answer.

> Thanks for your fast reply.

Always willing to leap to the defensive if someone posts a quasi-bug-report.