[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL now LLGPL'ed

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Jan 4 15:45:21 PST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Stonewall Ballard wrote:

> On 1/3/03 6:10 PM, "Gary Byers" <gb at clozure.com> wrote:
>
> > I asked Hazem Sayed (president of Digitool, the original copyright holder
> > of much of the OpenMCL source code) if he had any objection to licensing
> > OpenMCL under the terms of the "LLGPL" (instead of the LGPL), and he
> > said that he had no objection.
>
> That's great news! Do you have anything on paper from Hazem?

Just email at this point.

I don't think that the distinction between the LGPL and LLGPL (the
awkward distribution requirement) has ever been a concern of
Digitool's and I'd personally feel confident in distributing an
application that met the LLGPL's requirements without fearing legal
action from Digitool.

I recognize that other people might find it easier to share that
confidence if there was something more concrete from Hazem.  If
people'd feel more comfortable with something in writing (or in a more
public email forum, like info-mcl or this list) I'll try to pursue
that.