[Openmcl-devel] Unknown foreign type: :<NSC>ONSTANT<S>TRING

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Jun 1 20:25:08 PDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 mhabboub at yahoo.com wrote:

> hello,
>
> i'm getting this error when i do (require "COCOA").
>
> any clues as to where to look to resolve it would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> thanks.
>
> mahmoud
> -------------
>

> bash-2.05a$ scripts/openmcl
> Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-030513!
> ? (require "COCOA")
>  > Error in process listener(1): Unknown foreign type:
> :<NSC>ONSTANT<S>TRING
>  > While executing: %PARSE-FOREIGN-TYPE
>  > Type :POP to abort.
> Type :? for other options.
> 1 >

The jaguar-interfaces archive in the testing directory
(<ftp://clozure.com/pub/testing/jaguar-interfaces-030513.tar.gz>)
seems to be missing #p"ccl/darwin-headers/cocoa/*.cdb", at least.  I
certainly wonder how I managed to miss them, but perhaps that's a
topic best left unexplored.

There's a new archive (jaguar-interfaces-030601.tar.gz) in the testing
directory, and it contains 4 .cdb files in each of the carbon,cocoa,
gl, and libc subdirectories.

Sorry.