[Openmcl-devel] An ilisp question

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri Jun 6 00:22:22 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 03:27 AM, Erann Gat wrote:

> The name "openmcl" seems to be hardwired in somehow.  When the openmcl
> startup script is in my path it works.  When it's not, it doesn't.
> Both
> facts seem to be independent of the value of openmcl-program.
>
> E.
>
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Barry Perryman wrote:
>
>> I have
>>
>> (setq openmcl-program "/usr/local/bin/openmcl")
>>
>> in my .emacs
>>
>> Barry
>>
>>> From: Erann Gat <gat at flownet.com>
>>> Where is the name of the openmcl program set when using ilisp?  I
>>> tried
>>> changing the value of openmcl-program in ilisp-openmcl.el but that
>>> didn't
>>> seem to have any effect.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Erann

You must have some other odd situation, I have this line in my .emacs:

(setq openmcl-program "/Users/sven/apps/ccl/scripts/openmcl")

So normally, M-x openmcl does this:

Starting /Users/sven/apps/ccl/scripts/openmcl ...
Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.13.5!
?

When I evaluate the following sexp in emacs:

(setq openmcl-program "/Users/sven/apps/ccl/scripts/openmcl2")

Then, M-x openmcl does this:

Starting /Users/sven/apps/ccl/scripts/openmcl2 ...
Can't exec program: /Users/sven/apps/ccl/scripts/openmcl2

So the value of openmcl-program certainly does matter.

What emacs are you using, with which version of ilisp, and what is your
.emacs file ?

Sven