[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL MOP Reports

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Jun 24 23:02:49 PDT 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Kevin Rosenberg wrote:

> I've attached a test file which illustrates a few things with the MOP.
>
> The first is fairly simple. The signatures of
> direct-slot-definition-class and effective-slot-definition-class does
> not match the signature in AMOP. Similarly, the signature in
> compute-effect-slot-defintion also does not match AMOP.
>
> The less trivial issue is that the (defclass a ...) reports:
> Illegal option :ATTRIBUTES

These bugs (and a few others that were exposed when these were fixed)
are fixed in CVS.

One of those problems indicated that there wasn't as much paranoid
bounds-checking as there could be.  It'd be a good idea to do

? (compile-ccl t)

after checking out the latest changes; that'll slow a few things down
a little more, but paranoia seems wise at this point.

> Thanks for adding the MOP to OpenMCL!

Your test case worked (after the conditionalization was changed);
hopefully, it'll be possible to get at least a little farther.

Thanks.