[Openmcl-devel] new CLX available (already)

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue May 13 02:17:28 PDT 2003

There's a new version of CLX for OpenMCL available:

<ftp://clozure.com/pub/ftp/CLX/clx-030512.tar.gz>
<http://clozure.com/openmcl/ftp/CLX/clx-030512.tar.gz>

There are a couple of small but significant changes relative to the
version announced last week:

 - pixmap I/O operations now default to the safe, unoptimized versions.
   (The previous release provided unsafe, incorrect, optimized versions;
   correct and optimized is still left as an exercise.)

 - font information's now obtained from the server when a font is
   first opened.  Attempting to obtain font information lazily could
   fail if such attempts occurred in the middle of text drawing operations
   (as happens in Portable Hemlock and undoubtedly elsewhere.)

I don't know if this'll be the last set of bug fixes for this version
of CLX, but it does seem to offer increased functionality and perfomance
relative to the old (MIT) CLX that had been distributed.

I haven't tried this with McCLIM yet.