[Openmcl-devel] Using the Cocoa bridge in 0.14

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Sat Sep 20 16:19:39 PDT 2003

Hi,

This is my first message to this list, although I have been lurking for
a while. I have played with openmcl for a while now. It is a really
nice language, that I hope to explore and learn more about. I am a lisp
newbie. About a week ago I downloaded a 0.14 snapshot to experiment
with the cocoa bridge. It is really an improvement to what is in 0.13.
However I have a few questions.

Why is there define-objc-method and def-objc-class? Why not use define-
or def- in both names? Is this following some sort of naming convention
I don't know about?

How do I write a define-objc-method for a method with no  args? I have
only managed to get it to work by specifying the selector as a string.
I tried (define-objc-method ((:void 'reshape) lisp-opengl-view) ...)
where lisp-opengl-view is a subclass of ns-opengl-view. This resulted in

 > Error in process listener(1): Car of ((:VOID 'RESHAPE)
NS-OPENGL-VIEW) is not a function name or lambda-expression.
 > While executing: CCL::CHEAP-EVAL-IN-ENVIRONMENT
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.

I have clearly misunderstood how to do it. Could someone tell me how I
am supposed to do it. Now I do (define-objc-method ("reshape"
ns-opengl-view) (:void) ...), but I prefer to specify the selector and
type in the symbolic way if possible.

How do I use (:b t) in the cocoa listener? When I try it it hangs in
the middle of the backtrace. It works fine in the terminal I started
openmcl from. This feels like a bug.

I belive I use 0.14-030901 but I don't remember how to check ones
openmcl version.

Thanks for a great new language (new for me at least),
// Anders Conradi