[Openmcl-devel] Re: docs FAQ and CVS/build cycle sections need revamping

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Aug 5 19:24:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Dan Knapp wrote:

>    I like your suggested organization.  I've implemented it, with stubs
> where needed, and checked in
> the changes.  It should appear on the site within an hour, as usual.  I
> also took a stab at writing the
> introductory text to the new "Building..." chapter; tell me what you
> think.
>
> -- Dan Knapp

Thanks.

One thing that I always assume is clearly documented somewhere (but
doesn't seem to be) is the intended distinction between the "ccl-0.14"
and "ccl-0.14-dev" (bleeding edge) CVS trees.

That might belong in the "What to get and where to get" it section;
when it comes time to flesh out that section, I can probably find
some email messages and other places where this has been discussed.