[Openmcl-devel] What is the state of the phemlock included with OpenMCL?

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Tue Aug 10 09:29:12 PDT 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 10:42 AM, mikel evins wrote:

> I'm using HIView in Clotho. It's higher-level than previous Carbon
> approaches, but overall the process of building an application on
> Carbon still involves considerably more low-level coding and more time
> in the OpenMCL kernel debugger than doing it with Cocoa.

I haven't learned how to grok the debugger messages yet.  The debugger
scares me.  Mainly I just abort and try to see what I did wrong.  Just
yesterday I was getting kicked into the debugger trying some simple
CLOS stuff not related to non-ANSI coding.  Who knew character was
already a defined symbol?  Heh.

How well are things handled by OpenMCL when an FFI call is not done
quite right?  Or if that is the wrong question, what are you doing to
get kicked into the kernel debugger?  Is that different from a regular
backtrace because compile-file didn't like something?