[Openmcl-devel] External struct decomposition

Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. bsder at mail.allcaps.org
Thu Aug 12 15:49:18 PDT 2004

I'm trying to decompose the fields of an external struct so that I can
use them in Lisp.  Specifically, I have the following callback from
Gtk:

(defcallback configure-event-callback
   (:address widget :address event :address data :signed-int)
   (format t "Configure event received~%")
   +gtk-true+)

That event is a pointer to a structure GdkEventConfigure whose
information I would like to extract:

struct _GdkEventConfigure
{
   GdkEventType type;
   GdkWindow *window;
   gint8 send_event;
   gint x, y;
   gint width;
   gint height;
};

GdkEventType is an enum (hence an int).  I presume that the magic
keyword is :struct, but I'm not finding anything in the docs that gives
an example of how to do this.  I presume that gint8 is going to need
some form of packing directives just to make matters more interesting.

Any examples or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-a