[Openmcl-devel] Is this a bug? defstruct :type option

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Dec 7 16:01:33 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Gary Byers wrote:

> > However, clisp and LispWorks (Mac OS X) handle this defstruct type
> > option just fine.
> >
> > Is this a valid type specifier for defstruct?
>
> Yes, it is (so the complaint is misguided.) Aside from the fact that
> the parser isn't handling this, there may be runtime support that
> assumes that (:TYPE VECTOR) means (:TYPE (VECTOR T))

Marco Antoniotti correctly pointed out (in a message that's still
being "held for approval", along with a few hundred spam messages)
that the complaint is about

  (vector double-float 3)

DEFSTRUCT allows the use of VECTOR, (VECTOR <type>), and LIST as
options to the structure's :TYPE argument.

My concerns about missing runtime support are also misplaced (or,
more likely, stuck in a timewarp: this didn't used to be supported ...)