[Openmcl-devel] Optimization

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Sat Dec 11 17:20:58 PST 2004

   A recent improvement to clisp caused a large-percentage speed
increase.  Of
course, that's a very different architecture and it may not make sense
to add it
to openmcl, if it's not already there, but:  Any local variable which
is actually a
constant, gets an implicit type declaration, without specific programmer
intervention.  This got me thinking.

   I don't have anything in the docs, even the implementation section,
about what
sorts of optimization OpenMCL does.  I also don't have anything about
how
developers can profile their own programs, apart from using (time) all
over the
place.  I'd like to add this kind of information.

   What can you tell me about it?  Where in the source can I look for
more
information?

-- Dan Knapp