[Openmcl-devel] How do I use the debugger

Anders Conradi beque at telia.com
Wed Feb 4 00:58:30 PST 2004

On tisdag, feb 3, 2004, at 22:37 Europe/Stockholm, Alan Ruttenberg
wrote:

> You should also check out slime, an development environment in emacs.
> You
> can get information about it at
> http://www.common-lisp.net/project/slime/

Thanks. I already use slime and it is mostly good, but I haven't found
how to get more information than the backtraces from the repl. The
backtraces look different, but seem to contain almost the same
information. Is there any plans to make the backtrace active so that I
can click it to move to the different functions and view current
location in the code and the value of local variables?

> I do have working code to record source information and patches to
> work in
> slime. I will get around to distributing it - working on setting
> myself up a
> web site.

Seems interesting. Perhaps this will fulfill my wishes from above.

> For best debugging you may want to (proclaim '(optimize (debug 3)
> (speed 0)
> (safety 3)) - it will slow down execution but maybe speed development.

Thanks for the tip! At this point in time speed is certainly a low
priority.

> -Alan

// Anders