[Openmcl-devel] [Newbie] Problems using release 0.14-031220 with Slime

Christian Hofer c_hofer at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 6 11:43:57 UTC 2004

I have problems getting OpenMCL to run with Slime on Panther.
When I try to start Slime-Mode in Emacs, the error attached below

I posted this problem to comp.lang.lisp and got the following reply:

 >Looks like the cdb files (interface definitions for foreign functions)
 >are missing.  You can get them here:

I could not figure out, how to get them. I thought they should be
included in the binary release?!

(I know, being relatively new to Lisp and having never understood to
handle the Unix  command line, I maybe should not use an alpha-release.
But I thought, I should use it anyway, because 0.13 is older than

Please help me!

(load "/Applications/OpenMcl/slime/swank-loader")
Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-031220!
;; Compiling /Applications/OpenMcl/slime/swank-backend.lisp...
;; Compiling /Applications/OpenMcl/slime/swank.lisp...
;; Compiling /Applications/OpenMcl/slime/swank-openmcl.lisp...
; Warning: Interface file #4P"ccl:darwin-headers;libc;functions.cdb"
does not ex
; While executing: CCL::CDB-OPEN
Read error between positions 6215 and 6330 in
 > Error in process listener(1): Foreign function not found: OS::|tmpnam|
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.