[Openmcl-devel] Another pathname question

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Thu Feb 26 15:48:51 UTC 2004

I have two files named "one.lisp" and "two.lisp". Here they are:

(in-package common-lisp-user)

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "foo")
            :name :wild
            :type :wild
            :directory (append (pathname-directory (load-pathname))
                               (list :wild-inferiors))))))

(let ((*default-pathname-defaults* #P"foo:"))
   (load "two"))

(in-package common-lisp-user)

(print "HI HO")

I've placed them in the same directory. Now my hope was that when I
load one, it will load two. This works under MCL. It does not, however,
work under LispWorks, OpenMCL, etc. Under OpenMCL, I get the following

? (load "one.lisp")
 > Error in process listener(1): Illegal logical namestring
 > While executing: CCL::STRING-TO-PATHNAME

Under LispWorks, I get:

Error: Parsing of logical pathname "/.automount/*/root/**/*" failed at
index 0 (#\/).
   1 (continue) Try loading two again.

Obviously, I'm confused. Help appreciated.
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

[neoconservations] forget the first principle of open society: namely,
that we may be wrong.
   -- George Soros in a TPM interview