[Openmcl-devel] Slot :type and :initform catch-22

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 5 19:30:46 PST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, bryan o'connor wrote:

> > shows the change that I did commit a couple of days ago, honest!
>
> my working copy was the 0.14-dev (bleeding edge) which didn't
> have the fix.  i switched to the 0.14 tree and all is better.

the 0.14-dev tree is usually in a slightly less consistent state
than the main 0.14 tree's supposed to be in, but things are even
further out-of-whack at the moment than they usually are.  I'll
try to get them back in whack in a little while (and will post
a snapshot image to the /testing directory as soon as things are
back to (relative) stability.

Actually, things are kind of stable: the lisp was able to compile
a third-generation version of itself and the Cocoa demo ran (under
OSX; it still doesn't quite work under GNUstep), so there's a
bleeding-edge image in /testing/dppccl.image-040106.tar.gz.

If you don't think that you want this, you're right!.  If you do
want it, update from cvs (-d -P), delete your FASLs, build a kernel,
and use this image to recompile.

> (and the reason my manual fix wasn't working was because i had
> forgotten to save the new image.  erf!)

If the problem you were having was a known bug that was fixed by
the CVS change, that's good news (certainly better than if it
were a not-yet-known bug, and probably slightly better than if it
was an "OpenMCL is too picky about harmlessly wrong slot definitions"
situtation.)