[Openmcl-devel] Building OpenMCL from cvs

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Jul 22 07:45:37 PDT 2004

Thom Goodsell <tgg at mac.com> writes:

> I'm running into a few problems and thought that getting the freshest
> from CVS might help. I'm getting frustrated, however, trying to build
> the latest version. Could someone take two minutes and give me the
> barebones instructions? That is, what should I do to get from
>
> 	"$ cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev login
> 	 # <enter "cvs" when prompted for a password>
> 	 $ cvs -d
> 	 :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev get
> 	 ccl"

> 	"8: ~ % openmcl
> 	 Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-<latest>!
> 	 ?  "

going from memory:

0) cd to the directory containing the cvs source

1) build the kernel

$ cd ccl/lisp-kernel/darwin
$ make
$ cd ../../
$ export CCL_DEFAULT_DIRECTORY=`pwd`
$ openmcl
Welcome to OpenMCL ....
? (ccl:xload-level-0 :force)
? (ccl:compile-ccl t)
? (quit)
$ ./dppccl ppc-boot
? (ccl:save-application "dppccl.image")
$

you'll now have a kernel and heap image from the latest sources.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.