[Openmcl-devel] *save-definitions*

Hamilton Link helink at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 2 15:51:53 PDT 2004

It strikes me that *save-definitions* could default to T since memory
is cheap.

And one possible deviation from ANSI might be good, if in fact it's a
deviation at all: I would recommend *read-eval* default to NIL (even if
the openmcl sources need it on, it's easy enough to turn it off in
save-app and turn it back on in xload-level-0 etc.). The people whose
code it breaks can turn it on easily (if you use #. you should know the
variable exists), but it does represent a security hole in everyone's
apps that do a READ on a TCP stream.