[Openmcl-devel] Restart strangeness

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Jun 23 07:10:37 UTC 2004

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

> As far as I know, the bug that affects SLIME is in
> INVOKE-RESTART-INTERACTIVELY and its ability to recognize restarts
> set up by WITH-SIMPLE-RESTART.  (Bryan O'Connor fixed a similar bug
> in INVOKE-RESTART a few months ago, but we both missed the fact that
> the interactive case had the same problem.)  That should be fixed in
> CVS as of this morning.  (There's certainly been a bug in
> INVOKE-RESTART-INTERACTIVELY and I -hope- it's been the cause of the
> problems with SLIME; I don't use SLIME regularly and haven't tried
> to confirm this yet.)

the SLIME bug is fixed using CVS OpenMCL. Is there any way SLIME can
determine which restarts those "catch all" restarts are? or could we
just add a note in the description of the restarts? quite a few people
have been wondering why SLIME "dies" when those restarts are selected
(when in fact they are doing exactly what they're supposed to do).

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.