[Openmcl-devel] Using the inspect command?

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Jun 30 00:43:39 PDT 2004

"Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr." <bsder at mail.allcaps.org> writes:

> Now, if I type a ?, I just get an unbound variable error.  How do I
> examine entry 0 (line 5)?

all of OpenMCL's repl commands are keywords, not regular symbols:

? (inspect (list (list 1 2 3) 4 5))
[0]     ((1 2 3) 4 5)
[1]     Type: CONS
[2]     Class: #<BUILT-IN-CLASS CONS>
        Normal List
[4]     Length: 3
[5]     0: (1 2 3)
[6]     1: 4
[7]     2: 5
Inspect> :?
 (:S N V)  set the <n>th line of object data to value <v>
 :HOME   show first page of object data
 :PREV   show previous page of object data
 :NEXT   show next page of object data
 :SHOW   re-show currently inspected object
 :POP   exit current inspector
 (:I N)  inspect <n>th item
 :?     help
 (:PROC &OPTIONAL P)  Show information about specified process <p>/all processes
 (:KILL P)  Kill process whose name or ID matches <p>
 (:Y &OPTIONAL P)  Yield control of terminal-input to process
whose name or ID matches <p>, or to any process if <p> is null
Inspect> (:I 0)
[0]     ((1 2 3) 4 5)
[1]     Type: CONS
[2]     Class: #<BUILT-IN-CLASS CONS>
        Normal List
[4]     Length: 3
[5]     0: (1 2 3)
[6]     1: 4
[7]     2: 5
Inspect 1>

of course, what you really meant to do was pop up a slime inspector
and just hit RET, but i'll forgive you :)

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.