[Openmcl-devel] Handling error in a callback

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 29 06:38:19 PST 2004

> How are we suppose to do in this case? Do we need to wrap the callback
> Lisp code with an error catcher  block?

Also, its would be helpful to be able to see error messagea when they
happens, but Im not quite sure how to get the lisp code called by the
foreign process to print in the lisp terminal when an error happens.
Sometimes, when I get an error, OpenMCL notifies me that a process is
attempting to write to the terminal, but the message itself is not
visible. Ive tried several things with *terminal-io* inside the
callback code  but im afraid Im just stabbing in the dark, do i need to
lock it somehow, or use someting like with-terminal-input but for
output? Any advice would be appreciated!
Rick Taube
Associate Professor, Composition/Theory
School of Music
University of Illinois