[Openmcl-devel] new release soon

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat May 1 11:23:44 PDT 2004

I've been working for the last several weeks on trying to get the
Portable Hemlock editor integrated into the "demo" Cocoa IDE.  I think
that that's ultimately a Good Thing, but:

  a) it's been taking longer than I thought it would
  b) the last release (0.14.1-p1) is now a few months old; there are
     a number of bugs there (reported and otherwise) that haven't
     been addressed.

I'll try to put together an 0.14.1-p2 release this weekend.  (This
won't have the new Hemlock code, which is still too volatile, but
should contain a number of other minor-to-moderate fixes and
improvements.)

Sorry; I probably should have done this a few weeks ago, but I kept
convincing myself that a usable Hemlock-based IDE was just around
the corner.  (That may be true, but there seem to be a lot of corners ...)

Gary Byers
gb at clozure.com