[Openmcl-devel] Getting a stuck process' stack trace

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed May 19 01:30:03 PDT 2004

I need some rather urgent help ;-)

I have a long running server in OpenMCL 0.13.6, where a batch job
process doing a large bulk mail got stuck (terminal input wait). I can
only access this server process using my own remote-repl code but when
I have such a listener, I cannot yield terminal control to one of the
stuck processes:

? (:y 24)
;; only the initial procss can yield control of the terminal.

I understand the error: the listener is just another process, the
initial process entered a sleep loop many, many days ago when the
server booted. That in itself is not my main problem, however I do
(desperately) want to find out what went wrong in that process, in
other words, could I get a stack trace and/or condition report for that
process; I already tried describing the process and the stack group but
that was probably a bit naive...

Help greatly appreciated,

Sven