[Openmcl-devel] MOP initialize-instance question

Cyrus Harmon ch-openmcl at bobobeach.com
Mon Sep 13 01:25:26 PDT 2004

So I'm trying to make my own metaclasses and I have a class that has a
mix of some "special" slots and some standard slots. I can get
slot-value-using-class and setf s-v-u-c to work properly, but I can't
figure out how to hijack the initargs stuff so the MOP code Does What I
Mean. It would be nice if there were an initialize-slot that got called
by initialize-instance (or %shared-initialize). But there doesn't seem
to be. Any suggestions for how I can get slot-specific (or even
direct-slot-definition-specific) behavior so I can use the built-in
stuff for "normal" slots and do my own work to figure out what the
values (and where they should go are) for my non-normal slots?

Is there a better way to skin this cat?

Thanks,

Cyrus