[Openmcl-devel] ffi dictionary gripes

Dan Knapp dankna at accela.net
Mon Sep 13 18:04:48 PDT 2004

   Yes, both good points.  The incomplete cross references are left over
from the old
flat-file docs, and are already on my list of stuff to do, although
they should probably
be higher up it, given how much of the ongoing development seems to
relate to the
FFI.

   As to the dynamic environments thing: Yes, it would be great if it
had a lot more
warnings, and of course I try to anticipate mistakes, but the only way
to really do
that is by waiting to see what confuses people.  I'd like to add a note
about what
you're trying to do, but I'm a little confused as to what it should
say... suggestions
welcome, or even just descriptions of what mislead you.

   I think in general, the more tractable approach is to focus on adding
examples
and tutorials of how things can be done easily, so that people won't
try to
reinvent them in the first place.

   Hamilton: Nag acknowledged, thank you.  At this point I've sat on
your build docs
way too long, so I just pushed them up onto the site with minimal
editing.  Thank
you again for writing them!

-- Dan Knapp