[Openmcl-devel] Building on a G5

flip phillips flip at skidmore.edu
Thu Apr 7 15:33:54 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 5:49 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, flip phillips wrote:
>
> If anyone was using Tiger pre-releases, I hope that they wouldn't
> discuss them publicly and violate their NDAs.  (Seriously.)

Of course, but there are legitimate, Apple sanctioned Tiger
developers, myself included, and it is public knowledge that Tiger
exists, people have it, and that folks are developing for it. I
merely am probing to see if anyone has OpenMCL working under it and
would like to correspond. (privately is fine, and I respect your
position, esp seeing as Apple has been a little trigger happy lately)

>> 2) I have to  (ccl:xload-level-0 :force) since, at least i -think-
>> that
>> the full cvs had some crufty FASL in it
>
> There shouldn't be any FASLs in CVS, but it is necessary in this case
> to recompile everything.

Indeed and of course you are correct. They were left over from a
previous effort. Mea culpa!

> It's often a good idea to do something like:
>
> shell> cd ccl
> shell> find . -name '*.dfsl' | xargs rm

Indeed! As I should have done.

>> 3) Now,  (ccl:compile-ccl) hurts me. I get:
[...]

> a) delete all old fasls
> b) recompile everything (via (COMPILE-CCL T) and (XLOAD-
> LEVEL-0 :FORCE)

worked flawlessly!
and I thank you!

Now- as for Hemlock / the IDE, compiles fine, but subsequent loading
of 'cocoa':

? (require "COCOA")
Unhandled exception 11 at 0x90000c18, context->regs at #xbfffe718
Read operation to unmapped address 0x0000000c
In foreign code at address 0x90000c18

which looks a little nastier. is this possibly related to the foreign-
function database? I haven't had the time/guts to play with ffigen
yet (which I am presuming generates the catalogs?)

--
flip phillips, phd
http://www.skidmore.edu/~flip