[Openmcl-devel] slowness

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Sat Apr 9 08:54:28 PDT 2005

> I suspect that it'd be very hard to know why David Tolpin's code runs
> as slowly as it does without having any idea of what it's doing.

The slow part is a combinatorial parser that conses rather intensively,
and consists of macros expanding into complex lambdas.  I've attached
the source code of the parser module; but cannot
reproduce the speed difference reliably on small examples.

I suspect that I put GC into a mode which OpenMCL is uncomfortable
with, but can't figure out how to profile it.

David