[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL and Tiger status

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Wed Apr 27 12:30:18 PDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 2:54 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> At this point, I'd guess that Tiger will probably be on store shelves
> before OpenMCL 0.14.4 is released, but probably not much before.

Is it safe to assume that 0.14.4 will continue to function under
Panther?

I have a simple app bundle created with OpenMCL 0.14.3-50328 that is
reported to run under Tiger.  It was developed under Panther 10.3.7,8
and has not been rebuilt for 9.  It is a Carbon based application.  I
haven't tried recompiling it under 0.14.3-050420 which I have running
now.

It can be found here if anyone is interested in taking a look at it:

   http://www.david-steuber.com/Lisp/OSX/Carbon/

I'm investigating getting the cl-carbon package into a CVS repository
as an LLGPL project for a CLOS framework based on Carbon as there has
been some interest expressed in #lisp.

My application, such as it is (not much more than "Hello, world"
really), wouldn't be possible without OpenMCL and the help I have
received here.  You have my deepest thanks for this wonderful project
and making programming fun for me again.