[Openmcl-devel] Re: [Bug-openmcl] todo for 0.14.4

alex crain alexcrain at mail.widgetworks.com
Thu Aug 11 18:34:08 PDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> - Cocoa demo - maybe integrate Alex Crain's code (don't have Alex
> Crain's
>   code); want to at least offer the Hemlock-based editor in 0.14.4.
>   Package reorg, in either case ?

I guess that I have been a bit distracted of late.

Anyway, the IDE code is available here:

http://www.widgetworks.com/~alex/ccl-ide.dmg.gz

This is precious little in the way of documentation (read: none) but
if you
download that disk image onto a G4 box running Tiger, you will be
able to
double click on the Hemlock icon and everything should magically work.

There are two directory trees in the image: ccl and Hemlock.app

The ccl tree is the bleeding edge distribution as of a couple of days
ago.
built and dumped for the G4/Tiger environment. If you want to run
under panther,
you'll need to recompile the kernel and make new fasl files.

To recompile the sources, do this:
<mount the volume and open a terminal window>

% cd /Volumes/ccl-ide
% find . -name \*.dfsl -exec rm {} \;
% cd ccl/lisp-kernel/darwin
% make
% cd ../..
% ./dppccl dppccl.image
? (ccl::xload-level-0)
? (ccl::compile-ccl)
? (quit)
% ./dppccl ppc-boot.image
? (ccl::save-application "dppccl.image")

<return to the finder and double click the Hemlock.app icon>
A terminal window will appear in the dock. This is the STDIO for the
launching application,
and contains a host of debugging and warning messages. Eventually a
listener will
appear on the desktop.

The file bindings.rtf lists all the key bindings that are supposed to
work (they all did at one time,
I haven't done a full regression test lately).

There are quite a few bugs and I wouldn't say that the system is
anywhere near production ready,
but it's a healthy start.

:alex