[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL right choice for PPC Linux?

Derrick Baumer derrick at bigspace-project.com
Sun Aug 28 22:41:20 PDT 2005

Hello.  I am enjoying using OpenMCL 0.14.3 on my 330 Mhz iMac
running Ubuntu Linux (who do I mail the check to?) ;)

I read with interest recently about Apple switching to Intel
hardware but never saw the conclusion to the thread.  Would
the OpenMCL developers continue to develop this product for
the PPC architecture when/if that happens?

Also, most of the traffic I've seen has been OS-X-centric.
I'm concerned about the possibility of support of PPC Linux
being dropped - is that possible?

Basically, I'm working on a long-term project and I would
like to know that my development environment will continue to
work with my OS/hardware, and I'm asking if I should stick
with OpenMCL or look for something else.

Thank you,
Derrick Baumer