[Openmcl-devel] Why doesn't #$ eval at read time?

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Sun Feb 6 12:46:28 PST 2005

Hi,

On Jan 25, 2005, at 9:25 PM, alex crain wrote:

> I just discovered that this doesn't work....
>
> (case event-type
> 	(#$NSLeftMouseDragged
> 	 (stuff...))
>          (#$NSLeftMouseUp
>           (more-stuff...)))
>
> because it expands to

> (COND ((EQ #:G7256 'OS::|NSLeftMouseDragged|))

Did you ever find a good solution for this?  I would prefer to use CASE
for this also but I have been using my own macro based on something
Kent Pitman posted to c.l.l a while back:

(defmacro case-equal (exp &body clauses)
   (let ((temp (gensym)))
     `(let ((,temp ,exp))
        (cond ,@(mapcar #'(lambda (clause)
                            (destructuring-bind (keys . clause-forms)
clause
                              (if (eq keys 'otherwise)
                                  `(t , at clause-forms)
                                  (if (atom keys)
                                      `((equal ,temp ,keys)
, at clause-forms)
                                      `((member ,temp ',keys :test
#'equal)
                                        , at clause-forms)))))
                        clauses)))))

It would be nice to have #$foo fully evaluated for use in CASE.