[Openmcl-devel] dppccl64 %SET-SINGLE-FLOAT

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Jul 12 19:53:58 PDT 2005

Nope; that's just bogosity.

There's a compiler primitive - %SETF-SHORT-FLOAT - that tries to
destructively modify a heap-allocated short/single float; I'm
not sure that that's even used, but since SINGLE-FLOATs are
immediate objects on PPC64, it doesn't make sense to talk
about destructivelby modifying one.  -That- should signal an
error (or something) if it's invoked on PPC64; %SET-SINGLE-FLOAT
is just a (foreign) memory operation, and should work more-or-less
the same on both platforms.

I'll try to check this in a little while.  After the compiler's
de-bogosified, the function %SET-SINGLE-FLOAT will need to be
recompiled.