[Openmcl-devel] CVS Build Failure: 050610

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Fri Jun 10 08:51:04 PDT 2005

On Jun 10, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> I botched something a couple of days ago; the fix is in CVS.
> To work around the problem, do:
>
> - cvs update (this should pick up a new "ccl:lib;compile-ccl.lisp"
> - in the 050607 image, do:
>   ? (ccl::update-modules 'compile-ccl)
> that should compile and load the file which defines the COMPILE-CCL
> function
> - after COMPILE-CCL is updated call it
>   ? (compile-ccl)
> and that should compile the missing "ppc-lapmacros" file.

Ok, thanks.  This got me setup.  Well sort of.  Following those
instructions didn't give me a ppc-boot.image file.  But doing:

? (ccl::update-modules 'compile-ccl)
? (xload-level-0 :force)
? (compile-ccl t)
? (quit)

Did.

$ ./dppccl ppc-boot.image

Then worked with:

? (save-application "dppccl.image")

Giving me a bootable system.  My build script was able to rebuild
openmcl with this system.

Sadly, SLIME is now broken by the changes to openmcl :-(.