[Openmcl-devel] Re: [slime-devel] SLIME from CVS on Jun 10 2005 won't compile with OpenMCL's 050607 image

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Jun 10 14:43:34 PDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, bryan o'connor wrote:

>> > Error in process listener(1): value 0 is not of the expected type SYMBOL.
>> > While executing: CCL::%SYMPTR->SYMBOL
>
> the temporary solution is to disable the symbolp
> compiler-macro in compiler/optimizers.lisp.
>
> this is probably fallout from gary's latest round of
> bootstrapping.  i'm sure he'll fix it correctly soon.
>
> until then, this should get you up and running.
>
>    ...bryan

The bug was probably introduced by a recent change having to do with
how unused slots in package hash tables are represented.  I thought
that I'd caught all of the functions that were sensitive to/aware of
this, but may have missed at least one.

I checked in a bunch of recent changes to CVS; I'll do a couple of
full bootstrapping cycles (and may do a few more checkins), and will

More dust will likely be kicked up soon after, but I think that there's
some light at the end of the tunnel.