[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL on Intel

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Thu Jun 16 00:36:53 PDT 2005

Hello List,

This may seem like a daft question, but since OpenMCL runs under both
Darwin and Linux on PPC, does the eventual addition of an Intel back
end of some sort mean that OpenMCL will become available for Linux on
Intel (be it x86 or whatever)?  And would things like FFI, socket, and
thread APIs remain consistent across supported platforms?

I ask this because the potential of wider hardware support from OpenMCL
is very appealing to me.  I've been working on code lately that OpenMCL
seems to execute faster than other free Lisps I have tried.

On a side note, is there implementation documentation on OpenMCL
outside of the source code itself?