[Openmcl-devel] documentation format and structure

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Mar 10 11:49:14 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Hamilton Link wrote:

> Speaking of which, what's the state of the rest of the updates to the
> development environment? Is it in CVS at all? Can I test it out?

I missed the "first week of March" deadline, and am now hoping for
"real soon now".  I officially feel guilty.

Barring the discovery of some (new) catastrophic bug, what's in
bleeding edge CVS now (with the possible exception of the Cocoa
Hemlock stuff) should be very, very close to what goes in the
next release.  If people have time and inclination to pound on it
a bit, that'd be very helpful (it'd be better to find a catstrophic
bug a little before 0.14.3 than a little after ...)

If anyone else (Alex's trace stuff) has stuff to check in, it'd
be good to get that done soon, if that's at all possible.

I'm not sure if the Cocoa Hemlock stuff is stable enough for
public consumption yet.  There seem to be about as many arguments
for holding off as there are for labeling it "still very experimental"
and putting it in the main release; if the primary purpose of 0.14.3
is to consolidate about 8 months worth of bug fixes, that might tip
things in favor of the "holding off" point of view.