[Openmcl-devel] opengl rubix example

Hamilton Link hamlink at cs.unm.edu
Mon May 2 15:35:44 PDT 2005

I'm not using GLUT to handle keyboard or mouse events, I'm using
NSOpenGLView for display, which inherits NSView's handling of events.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, your single-button mouse
won't work. #$NSRightMouseDragged and kin, as far as I can tell,
require right-clicking... in other words, use a multi-button mouse's
right button.

Ranting aside (I *hate* apple's policy of shipping landfill-caliber
one-button mice with their systems and giving me only one laptop mouse
button), er, d'oh...

Ranting aside, the OS doesn't give NSRightMouse-anything to an app when
ctrl-clicking with a single button, it still gives left mouse events
with modifiers. I haven't actually written the little bits of code into
the rubix example to check for modifiers on the left-mouse button (the
"only" mouse button), and probably won't, because I assume that a large
fraction of Apple's consumer population buys real mice.

As a side note: Yes, this does mean that every apple program that
handles ctrl-click as right-click has to be specifically coded to do
so.