[Openmcl-devel] Trying to use AddressBook

Ralph Richard Cook ralphc at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 29 09:43:42 PDT 2005

I'm having some trouble. I (believe I) successfully made the
AddressBook FFI; I have a file about 4 megs big that looks like it
has AddressBook constants, includes etc. in it.

 From within OpenMCL I try

CL-USER> (in-package :ccl)
#<Package "CCL">
CCL> (parse-standard-ffi-files :addressbook)

and get

value #<Unbound> is not of the expected type (OR STRING SYMBOL
CHARACTER).
    [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]

Restarts:
   0: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
   1: [ABORT-BREAK] Reset this process
   2: [ABORT] Kill this process

Backtrace:
   0: (STRING 'NIL)
   1: (CCL::STRING-START-END "ABPropertyType" #<Unbound> 0)
   2: (STRING= "ABPropertyType" #<Unbound>)
   3: (CCL::%HASH-PROBE #<HASH-TABLE :TEST STRING= size 0/60
#x8653426> 'NIL #<HASH-TABLE-VECTOR  #x8653496>)
   4: (GETHASH "ABPropertyType" 'NIL "ABPropertyType")
   5: (CCL::FIND-OR-CREATE-FFI-TYPEDEF ':TYPE)
   6: (CCL::PROCESS-FFI-TYPEDEF '(:TYPE ("/System/Library/Frameworks/
AddressBook.framework/Headers/ABTypedefs.h" 34)
"ABPropertyType" (:ENUM-REF "_ABPropertyType")))
   7: (CCL::PARSE-FFI #P"/usr/local/openmcl/ccl/darwin-headers/
addressbook/C/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/Headers/
AddressBook.ffi")
   8: (CCL::PARSE-STANDARD-FFI-FILES ':ADDRESSBOOK)
   9: (CCL::CALL-CHECK-REGS 'CCL::PARSE-STANDARD-FFI-FILES)
--more--

After looking at parse-ffi.lisp I try

CCL> (describe '*ffi-typedefs*)
Symbol: *FFI-TYPEDEFS*