[Openmcl-devel] FFI usage question

Hamilton Link hamlink at cs.unm.edu
Mon Sep 5 18:40:11 PDT 2005

I am not a C compilation genius, possibly someone else who has done
this can help me out.

I need .so files or some such in order to pull in libraries with
openmcl, right?   On Mac OS X as far as I can tell the -shared argument
to gcc isn't supported... and that's what this 'Gandalf' library is
trying to use when I build it.  I can probably change the scripts, but
what in the world would I change it *to*?

After I have a dynamically linkable thing under OS X, and install it, I
suspect I will have a .so file sitting somewhere and .h files sitting
installed elsewhere.  Then I think I can make the appropriate
populate.sh files and do the incantations needed to open up a new
library.

Thanks.