[Openmcl-devel] Apparent displaced array type bug

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Fri Sep 23 05:42:22 PDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 7:50 AM, David Steuber wrote:

> There is on niggling detail left that bothers me.  If you refer to the
> Lisp Paste:
>
> http://paste.lisp.org/display/11910#2
>
> The paste that jdz made from 0.14.3 complains "not of type
> (simple-array (integer 0 128) (* *)).  However, the recent cvs version
> of openmcl that I am using complains "not of type (simple-array (mod
> 129) (* *))".
>
> What I had not shown in my code fragment was this bit that occurs
> prior to the defclass form:
>
> (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>   (defconstant +max-iterations+ 128))
>
> So I'm expecting a type (integer 0 128).  It doesn't seem obvious to
> me that (mod 129) is the same thing.  Is it?  If not, then there is
> still a problem, just a different one than I originally reported.

Xach on #lisp tells me that the above was insulting.  It was not my
intention to be insulting in any way and Xof told me about the MOD
declaration specifier and I read about it in the CLHS.

I apologize for any offense I may have caused by reporting a totally
benign change in the way a type is represented as a possible bug.

I further apologize for the noise I made on this list.