[Openmcl-devel] Re: OpenMCL 1.0-rc1

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:08:20 PDT 2005

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:
> I realize that it may be something of a PITA to download and install
> these largish archives (and to repeat the process if there are other
> "release candidates" between now and the final 1.0), but it'd be
> helpful if anyone who's able to do so could do so.

Hello,

I just downloaded the release candidate OpenMCL Version 1.0-rc1-050922
(DarwinPPC32) to check out if the callback bugs I previously reported[1]
were fixed. Apparently they are but there's a new one. Using the same
example as before:

? (external-call "_expect_double" :address return-double)
f(42.0) => 42.000000
Lisp side got: 42.0D0
NIL
? (external-call "_expect_float" :address return-float)
f(42.0f) => 51539608576.678391
Lisp side got: 42.0
NIL

Doubles work, and C floats are being converted to Lisp single floats
correctly, but (and this is a regression, it worked before as you can
see in my original bug report), the convertion from Lisp single floats
to C floats is not working as you can see.

Rereading your reply I see that this is probably a known issue already,
but still...

[1] - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.openmcl.devel/870

--
Luis Oliveira