[Openmcl-devel] Universal time question

Phil pbpublist at comcast.net
Thu Apr 27 00:06:23 PDT 2006

When attempting to perform some date math, I ran into a problem and am
trying to determine if my logic is at fault, I'm not understanding
universal time handling, or have hit an OpenMCL bug.

The example case: given a universal time, drop the time portion of the
universal time and compare the decode output of the before and after values:

(setf mytime1 (get-universal-time))
(decode-universal-time mytime1) ; returned: 34 56 2 27 4 2006 3 T 5
(setf mytime2 (* (floor (/ mytime1 86400)) 86400))
(decode-universal-time mytime2) ; returned: 0 0 20 26 4 2006 2 T 5
expected: 0 0 0 27 4 2006 3 T 5

Any insight as to what is going on is appreciated.

Phil