[Openmcl-devel] questions on openmcl re 64 bit PPC, asdf-install, etc.

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 15:22:19 PDT 2006

I have this on a PowerMac.  Is it reasonably working or should I go
to normal 32 bit version?  I am a bit confused around the seeming
paucity of interface database files.  Generally I am more used to
sbcl which doesn't have such things.    Is it really necessary to
have these bits exposed?

On asdf-install, according to CLIKI, it has supposedly been part of
openmcl since 0.14.  However neither 32 bit PPC 1.0 or the 64 bit
beta seem to admit to having it.   On CLIKI there is a pointer to a
cvs.sourceforge  repository for getting this.  Alas the link seems to
no longer work.   How are people getting asdf-install working?   Am I
missing something?

Last question is that I have seen recent reports that uffi is now
broken around 1.0.  Is this true?  If it is it will be a bit of a
problem to getting clsql up as is needed for my current project.

Are all of these doable here?   If not i will go back no sbcl on
linux where I know I can get the next bit of work done.

Thanks for any answers and pointers.

- samantha