[Openmcl-devel] save-application questions.

Michael Price ectospheno at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:19:45 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, David Tolpin <dvd at davidashen.net> wrote:
> > The reason I end up using openmcl over another lisp is because openmcl
> > is often much faster. Its hard to beat the code it generates on a
> > powerpc.
>
> Oddly enough, the main problem for me with OpenMCL is that it produces
> very slow code, compared to either Lispworks and CMUCL, and runs as slow
> as CLISP, which does not produce native call at all, and even slower.

Hmmm. Hasn't been my experience. You are right about clisp though.
It's dog slow. I like that it runs everywhere but that's about its
only saving grace as far as I'm concerned. I have several programs
written in both Java and Lisp and clisp always ends up being slower
than the equivalent Java version while the other lisp runtimes end up
being faster.

Michael