[Openmcl-devel] FFI stuff, C++, wxWidgets

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 9 18:15:47 PST 2006

Part of Hamilton's message (of several weeks ago) had to do with the
desirability/practicality of a wxWidgets interface.

If anyone's interested in this, they might find the wxCL project

<http://www.wxcl-project.org>

of interest.

I just stumbled on this a few minutes ago; at first glance, it -looks-
like they solve the C++-interface issues by avoiding them (by using
a C wrapper library.)  If that guess is correct, it'd offer a way
of using at least some large subset of wxWidgets from OpenMCL.  (I
have no idea what the thread/event issues might be, and have no
idea about many of the other things that one would want/need to know
about.)