[Openmcl-devel] newbie getting started with Cocoa bridge

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 25 01:09:21 UTC 2006

> The stuff that gets compiled is mostly the
> Hemlock-based editor backend.
> You can compile that separately via:
> ? (require "COMPILE-HEMLOCK")
> ? (ccl::compile-hemlock t)
> or (equivalently)
> ? (require "HEMLOCK")

Great.  Does that invoke the Cocoa listener?  My
attempt at would cause the Cocoa environment to come
so my script:

openmcl -b -n -e "(require 'Cocoa) (quit)"

Would never reach the (quit).
> Another approach (if you want to distribute
> something installable) is to use Bosco or the
> "cocoa-application" example's
> idea to distribute a bundled .app.

Speaking of which, the existing Bosco links were all
as of a week or so ago (including Mikel's home page).

I grabbed tarballs from the Google archive, but we
need to come up with a place to keep this stuff if
not available to host it.