[Openmcl-devel] process-input-wait question

Erik Pearson erik at adaptations.com
Thu Jul 13 09:04:10 PDT 2006

Hi Gary,

Thanks as always for the detailed explanation. I seem to have a bit
of deja vu ... probably asked a similar question a year or two ago.

I need the timeout feature of fd-input-available, although plain ol'
read-byte works fine otherwise. This is for  keepalive connections
for a web server, where I need to kill off the connections for
browsers that don't play nice and drop the connections themselves. A
similar thing could be done with a thread that wakes up and polls
open connections looking for old unused ones.

Thanks,
Erik.