[Openmcl-devel] slow read-char

Erik Pearson erik at adaptations.com
Thu Jul 27 09:43:26 PDT 2006

Okay, so I discovered xcompile-ccl, which allows things to work
better since it doesn't load funky stuff as it goes along. It can't
compile l1-streams:

Compiling "/usr/local/ccl/ccl/level-1/l1-streams.lisp"...
 > Error: While compiling (STREAM-READ-CHAR-NO-HANG (BUFFERED-
CHARACTER-INPUT-STREAM-MIXIN)) :
 >        Not enough args in Lambda form: (STREAM ERROR-IF-NIL)
(STREAM)., in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 > (:b)

Without l1-streams compiling, the system can't load from ppc-
boot.image in order to create the standard image. Of course, in side
the guts of this thing, I'm hopeless as far as determining what is
really wrong here... (yeah, it is interesting to glaze over the
backtrace, but...)

Erik.